I’m a professional voice teacher in Nashville with over 20 years of experience.
I specialize in helping singers solve problems of all shapes and sizes and develop into a force of nature.
You’re the Super Hero. I’m the Mad Scientist that can help you discover your super powers.
- I believe that everyone can learn to sing. I’ve seen people come from the farthest reaches of vocal struggle to not only developing excellent singing voices, but allow themselves to experience the uplifting feeling of singing that some people deprive themselves of their whole lives.
- I believe that singing is such a unique subject, and that no matter how we learn to explain the functions of the voice, it is ultimately a personal and unique experience, to each individual. And for that reason it’s important to have a very far reaching skill set to guide students through the many possible paths they’ll encounter on this journey and be able to recognize the correct shifts in direction at the appropriate time to get the light bulbs going off, the inspiration flowing, and the progress evident.
- I’m inspired by hungry, passionate singers of all shapes and sizes. Enthusiasm breeds enthusiasm.
- I’m inspired by people taking chances. Of course if you’re following the dream of a career in music, then I don’t have to tell you what that means. And I especially love working with individuals that are truly striving for excellence. Singing is about translating energy as much as it is about sounding right, and you can clearly hear and feel the difference between someone really digging down deep and someone coasting.
- I also get very inspired by those doing anything just for the love of it, and the experience and joy only. I’ve seen this many times over the years with students that have other professions, but just love the experience of singing. And singing well carries an especially awesome feeling. I include all living things here, and if you’ve ever seen a really talented animal doing something they love, then you know what I mean.
What Makes Me Unique
- I’ve never stopped working on my own music career. I’ve traveled the world over playing and recording music. I’ve released over a dozen full length projects, countless singles, and hundreds of musical pieces used in film, TV, movies, web applications, etc.
- I’ve published a huge amount of vocal articles (including six years writing the Q&A section for Singer Magazine), and had International distribution (Schirmer/Music Sales, Ingram) of vocal books, CDs and DVDs for over 15 years.
- I’ve had many opportunities to Franchise “The Art of Body Singing” and have a school of associate teachers and teach 7 days a week. But I’ve never been willing to give up my own musical pursuits as much as I love teaching voice. This gives me a very unique skill set in understanding all that really goes along with being a professional musician/singer.
- I was a very late bloomer with singing and had to search far and wide to really gain the skills necessary to sing ambitiously, musically and reliably. This long road to my own understanding gave me so much more of a grasp of what vocal training really is (and isn’t) than if it had been easy for me to learn.
- I have a very unique gift of articulating and demonstrating what can be a truly abstract subject. I have also managed to create a high level system of voice training that maintains an organic, natural outcome that translates beautifully to the wide pallet of contemporary singing. You’ll still sound like yourself after working with me, just a very amazing version of yourself.
The bar is high…….reach for it.
Contact me here for private lessons in Nashville or for online lessons using Skype, Google Chat or Facetime.